A course that teaches pointers, linked lists, general programming, algorithms and recursion like no one else
Created by Loony Corn
Last updated 2/2017
What Will I Learn?
- Know how to approach and prepare for coding interviews
- Understand pointer concepts and memory management at a very deep and fundamental level
- Tackle a wide variety of linked list problems and know how to get started when asked linked list questions as a part of interviews
- Tackle a wide variety of general pointer and string problems and know how to answer questions on them during interviews
- Tackle a wide variety of general programming problems which involve just plain logic, no standard algorithms or data structures, these help you get the details right!
- This course requires some basic understanding of a programming language, preferably C. Some solutions are in Java, though Java is not a requirement
Programming interviews are like standard plays in professional sport – prepare accordingly. Don’t let Programming Interview gotchas get you down!
- Programming interviews differ from real programming jobs in several important aspects, so they merit being treated differently, just like set pieces in sport.
- Just like teams prepare for their opponent’s playbooks in professional sport, it makes sense for you to approach programming interviews anticipating the interviewer’s playbook
- This course has been drawn by a team that has conducted hundreds of technical interviews at Google and Flipkart
- Pointers: Memory layout of pointers and variables, pointer arithmetic, arrays, pointers to pointers, pointers to structures, argument passing to functions, pointer reassignment and modification – complete with visuals to help you conceptualize how things work.
- Strings: Strings, Character pointers, character arrays, null termination of strings, string.h function implementations with detailed explanations.
- Linked lists: Visualization, traversal, creating or deleting nodes, sorted merge, reversing a linked list and many many problems and solutions, doubly linked lists.
- Bit Manipulation: Work with bits and bit operations.
- Sorting and searching algorithms: Visualize how common sorting and searching algorithms work and the speed and efficiency of those algorithms
- Recursion: Master recursion with lots of practice! 8 common and uncommon recursive problems explained. Binary search, finding all subsets of a subset, finding all anagrams of a word, the infamous 8 Queens problem, executing dependent tasks, finding a path through a maze, implementing PaintFill, comparing two binary trees
- Data Structures: Understand queues, stacks, heaps, binary trees and graphs in detail along with common operations and their complexity. Includes code for every data structure along with solved interview problems based on these data structures.
- Step-by-step solutions to dozens of common programming problems: Palindromes, Game of Life, Sudoku Validator, Breaking a Document into Chunks, Run Length Encoding, Points within a distance are some of the problems solved and explained.
Using discussion forums
Please use the discussion forums on this course to engage with other students and to help each other out. Unfortunately, much as we would like to, it is not possible for us at Loonycorn to respond to individual questions from students:-(
We’re super small and self-funded with only 2-3 people developing technical video content. Our mission is to make high-quality courses available at super low prices.
The only way to keep our prices this low is to *NOT offer additional technical support over email or in-person*. The truth is, direct support is hugely expensive and just does not scale.
We understand that this is not ideal and that a lot of students might benefit from this additional support. Hiring resources for additional support would make our offering much more expensive, thus defeating our original purpose.
It is a hard trade-off.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!Who is the target audience?
- YEP! New engineering graduate students who are interviewing for software engineering jobs
- YEP! Professionals from other fields with some programming knowledge looking to change to a software role
- YEP! Software professionals with several years of experience who want to brush up on core concepts
- NOPE! Other technology related professionals who are looking for a high level overview of pointer concepts.
UDEMY LINK: https://www.udemy.com/break-away-coding-interviews-1/.
Today’s 100%OFF Udemy Coupons⬇
Get Daily Coupons & Courses Notifications.Join⬇
If you find the content here useful then please support this website by sharing it with your friends.