How To Use An API To Get Crypto Currency Data With Ruby On Rails
Created by John Elder
Last updated 3/2019
What you’ll learn
- Build Web Apps With Ruby On Rails
- Build Your Own Crypto Currency Website
- Setup and Use A Cloud Environment
- Understand Basic Terminal Commands
- Push Code To Github
- Host Web Apps On Heroku
- Understand the Bootstrap CSS Framework
- Use Databases with Ruby on Rails
- Connect To a 3rd Party API
- Understand Basic Ruby Loops
- No programming skills or special tools are necessary to take this course
- You just need a computer with Internet access and a Web Browser
Ruby on Rails can seem overwhelming at first, but it doesn’t have to be! In this course I’ll walk you through it step by step and you’ll be building your first web app in MINUTES. You’ll be amazed how quick and easy it is to create very professional looking websites, even if you have no programming or web design experience at all.
Watch over my shoulder as I build a cool Crypto Currency Portfolio app step by step right in front of you. You’ll follow along and build your own copy. By the time we’re finished, you’ll have a solid understanding of Ruby on Rails and how to use it to build awesome web apps.
This course is aimed at the absolute beginner, you don’t need any coding experience at all!
The course contains 47 videos – and is just over 3 hours long. Watch the videos at your own pace, and post questions along the way if you get stuck. You don’t need any special knowledge or software to take this course, though any experience with HTML or CSS is a plus. You don’t even need to know the Ruby programming language. I’ll walk you through EVERYTHING.
Ruby on Rails is a great web development tool and learning it has never been this easy.
What We’ll Build…
We’ll build a cool Crypto Currency Portfolio app that let’s you look up crypto quotes and price information and save it to a database.
Users can create an account and sign up to your website, log in, add crypto currencies and coins, check current prices and all kinds of other cool things.
We’ll style the website using the popular Bootstrap CSS framework (I’ll show you how to use it!)
If you’re into crypto-currencies like bitcoin, ripple, ethereum, ada, xlm, or any others; this course will be a LOT of fun. But even if you aren’t into crypto stuff, this course will still be a lot of fun and you’ll learn a lot of core Ruby on Rails things.
Sign up today and I’ll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed towards absolute beginners who want to learn Ruby On Rails for Web Development
- Anyone wanting to learn to build web apps