Build, automate, and monitor a server cluster for containers using the latest open source on Linux and Windows
What you’ll learn
- Create a multi-node highly-available Swarm cluster on Linux and Windows.
- Remotely orchestrate complex multi-node systems from macOS, Windows, or Linux.
- Update your containers using rolling updates, healthchecks, and rollbacks.
- Deploy centralized logging and monitoring with open source and commercial tools.
- Manage persistent data, including shared storage volumes and plugins.
- Configure and deploy dynamically updated reverse proxies as Layer 7 routers.
- No paid software required. Yay Open Source!
- Understand Docker and Compose basics: creating containers, images, volumes, networks.
- Be able to setup multiple VMs locally or use cloud VMs.
- Understand terminal or command prompt basics, Linux shells, SSH, and package managers.
Welcome to the most complete and up-to-date course for learning SwarmKit and using Docker Swarm end-to-end, from development and testing, to deployment and production. Discover how easy and powerful Docker Swarm Mode multi-host orchestration can be for your applications. This course is taught by a Docker Captain and DevOps consultant who’s also a bestselling Udemy author.
Are you just starting out with container orchestration? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to Swarm and starts with how to install and configure it.
Or: Are you using Docker Swarm now and need to deal with real-world problems? I’m here for you! See my production topics around storing secrets, controlling rolling updates, monitoring, reverse proxy load balancers, healthchecks, and more. (some of these topics are forthcoming)
*More Sections Coming*: Not all sections have been added to this course yet, more sections are coming in 2018-2019. Read the bottom of this Description for a list of upcoming sections.
BONUS: This course comes with exclusive access to a Slack Chat and Weekly live Q&A with me!
Some of the many cool things you’ll do in this course:
- Lock down your apps in private networks that only expose necessary ports
- Create a 3-node Swarm cluster locally and (optionally) in the cloud
- Use Virtual IP’s for built-in load balancing in your cluster
- Use Swarm Secrets to encrypt your environment configs, even on disk
- Deploy container updates in a rolling update HA design
- Create the config utopia of a single set of YAML files for local dev, CI testing, and prod cluster deploys
- Configure and deploy reverse proxies using haproxy and nginx (forthcoming)
- Design a full tech stack with shared data volumes, centralized monitoring (forthcoming)
- And so much more…
After taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use Docker Swarm in your daily ops and sysadmin roles
- Build multi-node Swarm clusters and deploying H/A containers
- Protect your keys, TLS certificates, and passwords with encrypted secrets
- Protect important persistent data in shared storage volumes (forthcoming)
- Know the common full stack of tools needed for a real world server cluster running containers (forthcoming)
- Lead your team into the future with the latest Docker Swarm orchestration skills!
Why should you learn from me? Why trust me to teach you the best ways to use Docker Swarm?
- I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world: I’ve got more than 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, over 30 certifications, and have been using Docker and the container ecosystem for myself and my consulting clients since Docker’s early days. My clients use Docker Swarm in production. With me, you’re learning from someone who’s run hundreds of containers across dozens of projects and organizations.
- I’m An Educator. With me, you’re learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus: I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years I’ve trained thousands of people on using Docker in workshops, conferences and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, and Linux Open Source Summit.
- I Lead Communities. Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about Docker and that I do well in sharing it with others. In the real-world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online: usually in Slack and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
“There are a lot of Docker courses on Udemy — but ignore those, Bret is the single most qualified person to teach you.” – Kevin Griffin, Microsoft MVP
Giving Back: 3% of my profit on this course will be donated to supporting open source and protecting our freedoms online! This course is only made possible by the amazing people creating open source. I’m standing on the shoulders of (open source) giants! Donations will be split between my favorite charities including the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Free Software Foundation. Look them up. They’re awesome!
This is a living course, and will be updated as Docker Swarm features and workflows change.
This course is designed to be fast at getting you started but also get you deep into the “why” of things. Simply the fastest and best way to learn the latest docker skills. Look at the scope of topics in the Session and see the breadth of skills you will learn.
Also included is a private Slack Chat group for getting help with this course and continuing your Docker Swarm and DevOps learning with help from myself and other students.
“Bret’s course is a level above all of those resources, and if you’re struggling to get a handle on Docker, this is the resource you need to invest in.” – Austin Tindle, Docker Mastery Course Student
Extra things that come with this course:
- Access to the course Slack team, for getting help/advice from me and other students.
- Bonus videos I put elsewhere like YouTube.
- Tons of reference links to supplement this content.
- Updates to content as Docker changes their features on these topics.
Course Launch Notes: More lectures are coming as I finish editing them:
- Volume drivers for Swarm, like REX-Ray
- Layer 7 Reverse Proxy with Traefik
- TLS/SSL Certificate management with LetsEncrypt
- Monitoring: Prometheus
Thanks so much for considering this course. Come join me and thousands of others in this course (and my others) for learning one of the coolest pieces of tech today, Docker Swarm!
Who this course is for:
- You’ve taken my first Docker Mastery course and are ready for more Swarm.
- You’re skilled at Docker for local development and ready to use Swarm container orchestration on servers.
- Anyone who has tried tools like Kubernetes and Mesos and is looking for an easier solution.
- Anyone in a Developer, Operations, or Sysadmin role that wants to improve DevOps agility.
- Anyone using Docker Enterprise Edition (Docker EE) and wants to learn how Swarm works in Docker CE.
- Do *not* take this course if you’re new to Docker. Instead, take my Docker Mastery course, which starts with Docker 101.
Created by Bret Fisher, Docker Captain Program
Last updated 3/2019
Size: 3.71 GB
Today’s 100%OFF Udemy Coupons⬇
Get Daily Coupons & Courses Notifications.Join⬇
If you find the content here useful then please support this website by sharing it with your friends.