Learn how cognitive behavioral therapy is used to address depression anxiety trauma PTSD psychosis and negative behavior
What you’ll learn
- Develop an understanding of CBT principles and how they can be applied to address anxiety, depression and other mental health issues.
- Identify specific negative thinking patterns and cognitive distortions.
- Improve well-being and mood using evidence based strategies.
- Apply CBT principles in therapy and in other mental health settings.
- Increase positive thinking and improve satisfaction with self and life.
- The origin and history of CBT
- The structure of CBT and who uses it
- Basic understanding of common psychological terminology is suggested
This course explores the main aspects of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and provides a general overview of the topic. After an introduction, the following topics are discussed in individual lectures:
- An outline of the course
- Reasons to learn about CBT
- Empirical evidence related to CBT’s effectiveness
The following section will cover basic principles of CBT so students can better understand important concepts . The following areas are addressed:
- The origin and history of CBT therapy
- Terms and definitions that students will need to know
- Key principles of the cognitive model
The following section of the course will teach students about how CBT is applied and implemented. The following areas are addressed:
- Understanding which professions use CBT
- The structure of CBT
- The relationship between therapist and client
- How homework is used
The following section will discuss different categories of negative thinking and cognitive distortions. The section afterwards will discuss interventions and techniques that are commonly used by the therapist/counselor. Each category of negative thinking and each intervention will have it’s own lecture.
The course concludes with a discussion on the limitations of CBT, supplemental therapies and alternative therapies.
The course contains a variety of resources that the student can use to improve their understanding of CBT and for practice purposes. These resources are:
- Linked articles and websites
- PowerPoint slides
- Worksheets and example sheets
- A quiz for every section
Thank you for your interest!
Who this course is for:
- Mental Health Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers and other mental health professionals.
- Teachers and School Counselors.
- Individuals seeking knowledge on how to address anxiety and/or depression.
Created by Daniel Badillo
Last updated 4/2019
Size: 4.48 GB
CONTENT FROM: https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-cbt-guide-concepts-skills-and-interventions/.
Today’s 100%OFF Udemy Coupons⬇
Get Daily Coupons & Courses Notifications.Join⬇
If you find the content here useful then please support this website by sharing it with your friends.