Use Epic’s Unreal Engine for online game development in C++. Covers LAN, VPN, Steam, and more.
Created by Ben Tristem, Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem
Last updated 3/2019
What you’ll learn
- Build multiplayer games.
- Share games with a large audience.
- Connect games via the Steam APIs.
- Understand the challenges of computer networks.
- Understand how Unreal replicates state.
- Build UI with UMG and C++.
- Knowledge of basic C++ including classes and pointer.
- An understanding of fundamental Unreal concepts such as Pawns and Maps.
- You should be comfortable creating Blueprints to program simple behaviours.
Learn to create Epic multiplayer experiences using the world class Unreal Engine. This course (featured on Epic’s UE4 blog) hits the ground running and instantly gets you playing your own multiplayer games with other students.
As the engine underpinning many AAA games, Unreal is full of tools for creating multiplayer games extremely quickly. However, knowing where to start with Unreal Engine can be intimidating.
With a massive feature set and little documentation, you get stuck understanding where to begin. This course makes understanding Unreal super easy. Not only do we show you how to use the engine, but we teach you the fundamental concepts. These skills allow you to pick up new features for yourself.
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate Unreal userswith some knowledge of C++. Not too confident? Don’t worry, the course will take you through everything step by step and give you plenty of practice to build up that confidence with coding.
We don’t assume any knowledge about networking or multiplayer games. We will teach you about everything you need to know about networks from the basics of latency in networks to the advanced topics of state synchronisation.
This course will not teach you to make a massively multiplayer game. But it will teach you the fundamentals you need to understand how an MMO could be built.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
Become a multiplayer master now, you won’t be disappointed!Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate coders.
- Blueprint users who want to get good at C++.
- Unreal users who want to understand multiplayer features.
Size: 5.54 GB
Content from: https://www.udemy.com/unrealmultiplayer/.