What is the Microsoft .NET Framework?
Microsoft .NET Framework is a software framework in the Microsoft Windows operating system. Its functions, in general, is to help software installed on a PC so that it can run well.
Microsoft NET Framework consists of several APIs and also a library code that functions to develop various applications that require it. This software is one of the most important in Windows.
Microsoft Net Framework function
There are 5 versions of NET Framework that have been released, namely NET Framework 4, NET Framework 3.5, NET Framework 3.0, NET Framework 2.0, NET Framework 1.1, and NET Framework 1.0. Even when installing an application, the most requested is version 3.5.
But actually you can install all versions on your PC because all the NET Framework versions can run side by side. There are several benefits when we install the Microsoft NET Framework, namely:
1. For installing applications that support work on a PC
The installation of many applications depends on having the Microsoft NET Framework installed on your PC. Apart from the fact that the application requires Microsoft NET Framework support, but it can also speed up the installation process.
Some commercial applications that require NET Framework support include Microsoft Security Essentials, Quick Quick Links, HP Image Zone, PayPal, Streamload, and Grouper.
2. For updates made by Windows
After installing the NET Framework, the software will also be updated together with Windows Update if there is an update available. Therefore, you do not need to update it manually.
For more complete information about the Microsoft NET Framework, you can visit the page http://msdn.microsoft.com/
Microsoft NET Framework is one of the components of Microsoft Windows that is open to users provided through distribution. This software is officially free on the Microsoft Site and Microsoft Download Center.
How to Work Microsoft. NET Framework
On the Windows operating system, Microsoft NET Framework has two components namely CLR and Net Framework Class Library. In general, the performance of the NET Framework can be written with the following scheme: APPLICATION> NET FRAMEWORK> OS WINDOWS.
HOW TO INSTALL MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK 3.5
- How to Install Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 Online
- How to Install Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 Offline
- Check if NET Framework 3.5 is installed or not
How to Install Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 Online
The first way that can be taken is online or requires an internet connection. For the record, in this example, we use Windows 8 in this tutorial. You can follow the steps below:
- Install Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 online using the Control Panel menu
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Control Panel window, on the right hover over the Programs, then click “Turn Windows Features on or off”
- Then you will enter a new window again Windows Feature
- Put a checkmark on the NET Framework 3.5. There are several options in it, you only need to check the very top.
- Click OK.
- Then your PC or laptop will do a search for the file that you mean, NET Framework 3.5
- The Pop-up window appears again, click the Download from Windows Update option
- Then you will download the .NET Framework 3.5 from Windows Update.
How to Install Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 Offline
In addition to offline, Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 Install can also be done offline. But you must have the Windows ISO file that you are using. Again, we use the example for use in Windows 8. You can follow the steps below.
- First of all, insert the Windows 8 ISO file installation media, it can be a DVD or flash disk.
- On your PC or laptop, open the Command Prompt or CMD command. Click the start menu button, then type CMD, click the Command prompt until the window with a black background exit. For more safety, use right-click, then Run as Administrator.
- After the Command Prompt window appears, then type the following command:
DISM.exe / online / enable-feature / featurename: NetFx3 / All / Source: F: \ sources \ sxs / LimitAccess.
- Replace the letter F above into an ISO file of your Windows 8 installation.
- Press Enter, the NET Framework 3.5 installation process will begin.
- Wait until the process is complete, if it is successful there will be a notification or notification tone in the Command Prompt window that reads “The Operation Completed Successfully”.
Check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 Already Installed
To check whether Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is installed or not, you can use the Control Panel as in the online install tutorial as above. In the Windows Features window, if the checkmark already exists in the writing .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 and 3.0), then the installation is successful. If there isn’t, the installation hasn’t been successful.